Life at LIYSF
A journey that enables and helps you evolve into a complete individual and shapes your future. You will have the opportunity to have the best time at science seminars and interactions full of knowledge, fun and excitement.
- 15-days residential science event based at Imperial College London for students aged 16-21 years old
- World’s leading scientists give 12 main lecture demonstrations
- 500 students attend from over 70 countries worldwide
- 4 days visits to the best UK university laboratories (London, Oxford, Cambridge and UK), research centres and scientific institutions (choice from over 55 visits)
- 4 specialist lecture sessions, across subjects such as; Artificial Intelligence, Nano-technology, Engineering, Robotics, Biology, Medicine, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Astrophysics (choice of 32 lectures)
- Active social programme to share and learn about different cultures
- Students gain new knowledge and skills, connections and a broader perspective
- Participation charge of £2,095 GBP includes; 14 nights’ accommodation in South Kensington, all meals, main lectures and specialist lectures, scientific visits across the UK, transport during LIYSF, certificate and social programme.
- 62nd LIYSF: 29th July – 12th August 2020
Things You Need To Know
All About LIYSF 2020
Meet Our Eminent Speakers
World Renowned Scientific Institutions
Specialist Lectures and Study Day
Smaller Focused Specialist Lectureres
Poster Project Event
Social & Cultural Interaction
Meet Our Experts
Learn and acquire the best of STEM learning from our deemed experts
Professor James Rothman is the Sterling Professor of Cell Biology at Yale University, USA
Baroness Brown is an engineer, with a distinguished career across senior engineering and leadership roles in both industry and academia
Dame Julia King
Professor Rees is a world leading cosmologist and astrophysicist.
Lord Martin Rees
Professor Fiona Watt is the director of the Centre for Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine, King’s College London
We are delighted to welcome Dr Margaret Ebunoluwa Aderin-Pocock MBE to LIYSF. She is a renowned space scientist and science educator
Maggie Aderin Pocock
Professor M. Saiful Islam FRSC is Professor of Materials Chemistry at the University of Bath and recipient of the Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit award
M. Saiful Islam
Dr Diane Ashiru-Oredope is the Pharmacist Lead for Antimicrobial Resistance at Public Health England (PHE). She is lead at PHE for HCAI and Stewardship.
Professor Clare Elwell is the Academic President of LIYSF.
Zbigniew (Andrew) Szydlo is a chemist, academic and teacher. Born in London, he was educated at Latymer Upper School
Professor Valerie Gibson is the Head of the High Energy Physics Research Group at the University of Cambridge.
Professor Pete Vukusic is Professor of BioPhotonics & Associate Dean for Education at the University of Exeter.
Download our Flyer and Brochure
Please use these to promote LIYSF in your country.
Please see our 2020 flyer and 2019 brochure programme here to gain an idea of how LIYSF runs.
The format for our 62nd LIYSF will remain the same with a similar range of lectures and visits and the same social programme and inclusions.
Exploring The United Kingdom
Widen your learning horizons and explore the charm and aura of London. Develop your potential at the event and embrace the beauty of the top attractions of London like Tower of London, London Eye and more.
Tower of London
Hit the historic castle to feel the vibe of history and grandeur in London
Visit the iconic wheel located on the Southbank of the River Thames
Explore the royal palace which stands in the centre of Westminster city