LIYSF Terms & Conditions
LIYSF Terms & Conditions
1.1 STUDENT CONDITIONS
To attend LIYSF 2020, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Date of birth must be between 29/7/1998 and 29/7/2004.
- Have a good understanding of written and spoken English
- Be studying science and have achieved or be in preparation for taking exam qualifications for university entrance
- If you are applying independently, you must ask your school or college to act as a reference to endorse your application
- Your parent or guardian must endorse your application (if you are under 18 when LIYSF begins). We will send you a parent consent form, which must be returned at least 6 weeks before LIYSF starts.
Please note the information below only refers to our terms and conditions. When booking with us you must make your own arrangements for travel to London, insurance and visa for travel.
1.2 ONLINE APPLICATION
When you are ready and have confirmed funds to support your place you can make your application, only do this when you are sure of your commitment. In order to apply, please go to Click Here – complete the information for all fields.
Applications are subject to approval and will only be accepted after careful consideration and return of your reference (we will contact them by e-mail from the information you provide). Final approval of your application and confirmation of a place at LIYSF 2020 will only be given upon receipt of a satisfactory reference
Should you successfully receive confirmation of your place, we will send you the invoice for payment of the deposit (£250.00 per place) and request that this is paid within 14 days of receipt of the invoice. Full balance payment must be made by 11th June 2020.
The London International Youth Science Forum (LIYSF) is an educational forum owned and operated by LIYSF LTD. Royal Parade Mews, Chislehurst, Kent BR7 6TN, U.K. Registered No. England 12217374. VAT Registration: GB 339 6771 56.
The following terms and conditions are the basis of the contract between you and LIYSF, so please read them carefully. The validity, construction of this agreement shall be governed by laws of the England and Wales and you as the customer agree that if any dispute should arise, this shall be litigated only in England and Wales.
- A contract will exist between LIYSF and the organiser when a booking is accepted, a required payment received and a confirmation invoice issued detailing your booking. If anything is incorrect please contact us straight away.
- All correspondence will be made with the named person on the confirmation invoice. This person will accept the following conditions on behalf of all participants.
- The contract is governed by English Law and any dispute will be dealt with under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
|2.2 PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT|
|At LIYSF, we have high standards both on campus and off. We expect all of our participants to represent their country and LIYSF to the highest standard possible.
In order to attend LIYSF, each participant must agree to abide by our participant code of conduct. Failure to do so may result in that person(s) being asked to leave the event. If this should occur, no refund will be given and they must make travel arrangements at their own expense.
Participant agrees to
3.1 PAYMENT CONDITIONS
The participation fee/charge is £2,095.00 GBP per student.
The fee covers the total cost of the programme; all meals and accommodation; lectures and demonstrations; programme visits and entrance charges; travel in central London to programmed events, certificate and the social programme. It does not cover optional sightseeing tours, theatre tickets, visa, insurance and transfer/airfare to London. Participants are responsible for seeking financial assistance to support their attendance at LIYSF.
- A non-refundable deposit of £250 GBP per place is payable at the time of booking.
- Once a booking is confirmed (this is when you have received your invoice) the booking deposit is due and further payments are subsequently due – under either payment or cancellation conditions below.
- The balance of the fee (£1,845) must be paid by 11th June 2020.
- Overdue funds will be subject to a 3% surcharge over Bank of England lending rates.
- LIYSF does not accept bank charges – please ensure the full amount reaches us
Students are accommodated at LIYSF in shared, single sex rooms with shared bathrooms, using mainly twin, triple and quad rooms – maximum share of 6 persons per room. This is typically in university style halls of residences with mostly shared bathrooms (single sex). If you wish, you can pay for one of the following “upgrades” :
- Guaranteed allocation to an en-suite (private bathroom) twin room in our 4* hotel. We do use one local 4* hotel and some students are allocated here. If you wish to confirm a room allocation here, please note that there is a hotel supplement of £250 per person for the 14 nights (£17.86 per night).
- A single room can be arranged for an additional cost of £595 for the 14 nights in most of our accommodations – with a private bathroom.
- If you require a single room in the hotel, both supplements apply.
- Optional Excursions and Merchandise are not included in the Participation Fee. More information about what is available to purchase extra can be found here.
You must advise if you wish to have any of the above supplements by 1st June.
3.2 PAYMENT METHODS
We accept payment:
- By direct Bank Transfer
- Any booking cancelled will be charged the £250 deposit for administration
- Any booking cancelled after 30th May 2020 will be subject to cancellation charge of £500.
- Any booking cancelled after the 22nd June 2020 will be charged the full participation
- The cancellation date is calculated on the day of receipt of written notification of cancellation.
- Cancellations must be made in writing to Richard.email@example.com
If LIYSF has to make changes
- LIYSF will do its utmost to provide all arrangements as confirmed but reserves the right to alter or cancel any activities, accommodation or other arrangements without notice subject to operational, weather or other considerations.
- If LIYSF makes a major change to your travel arrangements within 8 weeks of commencement of travel arrangements, a suitable alternative of similar or higher standard will be made available where possible. Should this not be possible then compensation will be paid as detailed below unless the change is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to war, riot, civil commotion, act of God, industrial dispute, Government action, epidemic, disease, adverse weather or natural disaster.
- We do not usually accept additions or alterations to travel arrangements within 7 days of the commencement of travel arrangements.
4.1 COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
- If there is a problem with any aspect of your travel arrangements, please mention this to the LIYSF staff immediately. In the event of an unresolved complaint, please write to Richard Myhill either by e-mail: Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org or by post: LIYSF, Royal Parade Mews, Chislehurst, Kent, BR7 6TN England. If your complaint is still not resolved, you have 28 days from the end of your travel arrangements to write to us to explain your grievance.
- If you are still unhappy, your complaint may be referred to independent arbitration for judgement.
4.2 LIYSF RESPONSIBILITY
In common with other companies, LIYSF acts only as an agent for programme members in arranging for room accommodations, transportation, sightseeing, admissions and restaurant reservations as appropriate and agreed in each itinerary. As such, LIYSF shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of any company or person engaged in conveying the passengers, or otherwise in connection therewith, of any hotel owner, manager or employee. If you make any arrangements to visit non programmed activities, this is your responsibility and any impact it has on your ability to participate in the programme, this is your responsibility.
LIYSF does not own or operate, nor is it an agent for any of the suppliers which will provide goods and services for the trip or for any option which may be available in connection with the trip (including optional sightseeing, car rental, etc.) and LIYSF has not priced the trip or option to allow LIYSF to guarantee against failure of any such suppliers. Accordingly, participant(s) agree to seek remedies directly with the supplier, and not to hold LIYSF or sponsoring organisation liable, in the absence of its negligence, for any loss, injury, delay or expense which results directly or indirectly from any action or omission, whether negligent, criminal or otherwise, of any entity providing goods and services for the trip or any available option (e.g. without limitation, the quality of services, cleanliness of a hotel, hotel overbooking or any flight delays). Participant(s) also agree not to hold LIYSF or sponsoring organisation liable for circumstances beyond its control (e.g. force majeure, terrorism, war, or acts of God). Participant(s) acknowledge that neither LIYSF nor its agents have made any representation or promises with the respect to the tour described herein except as expressly set forth in LIYSF literature, unless such agreement is in writing and signed by Richard Myhill.
4.3 YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
- It is the responsibility of the student/organiser to advise LIYSF of a person’s special dietary requirements, emergency contact details, illness, and disabilities, social or behavioural problems which might affect the person or other guests during the travel arrangements.
- LIYSF may request written confirmation from a GP/teacher confirming the suitability of the travel arrangements for the person if deemed necessary.
- LIYSF reserves the right to exclude any person before or after travel arrangements commence if important personal details have not been fully declared and/or his/her behaviour is incompatible with the general enjoyment and well-being of others. Any costs would be entirely the responsibility of the organiser.
- Inappropriate behaviour may include:
- Under age buying or consumption of alcohol
- Suspected involvement with illegal drugs
- Smoking outside of designated areas and smoking by under 16s
- Theft or illegal activities
- Threatening behaviour, bullying, offensive or insulting language to other guests, LIYSF staff or any other person
- Anti-social behaviour affecting the overall enjoyment of travel arrangements for other guests
4.4 PERSONAL PROPERTY
- Personal property, including baggage, is each person’s own responsibility at all times, unless any loss or damage is due to negligence or failure by LIYSF to carry out its responsibility. Valuables should be locked away, using safes where provided.
- Any personal information requested at the time of booking and on subsequent communications is held on computer and required to allow our employees, agents, sub-contractors and suppliers to provide the contracted travel arrangements. By providing us with the information required for booking you are deemed to accept the above and to have gained consent from all members of your party to disclose their details to us.
Please be advised that customs, traditions and expectations may be different to your home country and you must respect the customs, rules and obligations during your stay in England.
- LIYSF regularly takes photographs and videos for promotional and training purposes. If you do not want you or your group participants to appear in these you must write to Richard Myhill either by e-mail: Richard.email@example.com or by post: LIYSF, Royal Parade Mews, Chislehurst, Kent, BR7 6TN England.
- LIYSF strongly recommends that all persons travelling obtain appropriate insurance coverage.
4.8 FOREIGN TRAVEL ADVICE
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passports and visa information, check www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
It is your responsibility to ensure you have the appropriate Passport, Visa and Health requirements to complete the programme. Remember to apply for any necessary visa’s in good time. If you need professional medical assistance, we will try to obtain it as quickly as possible. You agree to repay to us all costs LIYSF incur for logistical assistance, including payment for any transport and telephone calls. We will provide receipts for any such payments on your return, for you to pass to your travel insurers
5.1 LIYSF STUDENT PROTECTION POLICY
LIYSF recognises that the care, protection and welfare of all our participants is paramount and that they have the right to be protected from all types of harm. Below is our student protection policy (child protection policy) that applies to all participants, regardless of whether they are under or over 18 years old.
LIYSF Student Protection Policy
- The welfare of any student attending LIYSF is paramount. LIYSF is committed to student protection and the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. This policy is in place to protect all students attending LIYSF.
- LIYSF values, respects and listens to students.
- No student or group of students attending LIYSF will be treated any less favourably than others in being able to access services which meet their particular needs.
- All students, without exception, have the right to protection from LIYSF from abuse regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or beliefs.
- The policy is reviewed, approved and endorsed by the Director: Mr Richard Myhill.
- This policy applies to all LIYSF staff.
- We will take measures to ensure our policy is communicated to students, parents and staff appropriately.
- All concerns, and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously by LIYSF and responded to appropriately – this may require a referral to children’s social care services, the independent local authority designated officer (LADO) for allegations against staff and other volunteers, and in emergencies, the police.
- LIYSF is committed to safe staff recruitment, selection and vetting.
- LIYSF acts in accordance with 1989 and 2004 Children Acts (UK) and latest legislation, guidelines and policies.
- LIYSF acts in adherence to Article 19 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) 1989.
LIYSF is committed to student safety with many policies in place, including;
- Emergency procedures, which all LIYSF staff are trained in.
- During LIYSF there is at least one first aider present.
- A 24/7 emergency telephone number is available throughout with trained staff on-site.
- All students are issued with a lanyard which must be worn at all times, this has key emergency information on.
- Students are allocated a staff buddy who will be their initial contact person and will check in with them daily.
- At all LIYSF programmed events there is always an LIYSF staff member present.
- Frequent checks are made on students by means of our attendance check system at plenary lectures, with follow ups if not present.
- LIYSF has a dedicated student welfare officer.
- If a student wishes to deviate from the main programme, they must advise their buddy and leave with at least one other student.
- Each student must agree to our code of conduct/behaviour, which aims to prevent bullying and harassment.
- LIYSF has checked all venues that we use/visit to ensure all have appropriate insurance cover.
- LIYSF has conducted/requested risk assessments where appropriate.
- LIYSF only takes photos for promotional purposes and typically in group settings, if parents wish photos not to be taken please advise us by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We do ask students to take out their own travel/medical insurance before attending (where appropriate).
- LIYSF can help students that must take prescribed medication and provide support and fridges where possible. Parents should in this case contact us with information in English and a letter from their doctor.
- Students are accommodated in single gender, shared bedrooms that are locked and used by LIYSF students only.
- An LIYSF staff member resides in each accommodation used during LIYSF (typically 5-8 staff per residence).
- Each residence used has a manned 24hr reception.
- LIYSF provides meals throughout (choice at each meal, always a vegetarian option available) and caters, where possible, to dietary needs – if a student has a concern, please advise LIYSF staff immediately to help.
- If a student has a learning or special need, please advise us and we will endeavour to do all that we can to help.
- Students are encouraged to store valuables in the safes provided or at reception.
- LIYSF has made available a 24hr multi-faith prayer room that all students may use.
- Responsible on-site person is: Richard Myhill. If a student has a problem, they should talk to a member of staff immediately. Students may always approach directly Richard Myhill. If a student feels unable to discuss their issue with an LIYSF staff member, we can help them call Childline – 0800 1111.
6.1 DATA PROTECTION ACT
In accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998, you consent to our processing of your personal data in manual, electronic or in any other form relevant to this agreement by us, or any LIYSF appointed third party. Data is held securely and will not be publically published and only used for the requirements of attending LIYSF and/or future communications messages relating to LIYSF. Information is held on our database until you request it removed and will be stored securely.
6.2 INSOLVENCY PROTECTION
The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT) provides financial protection under The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 for LIYSF LTD (member 5441), and in the event of their insolvency, protection is provided for the following:
- non-flight packages and
- flight inclusive packages that commence outside of the EEA, which are sold to customers outside of the EEA.
ABTOT cover provides for a refund in the event you have not yet travelled or repatriation if you are abroad. Please note that bookings made outside the EEA are only protected by ABTOT when purchased directly with LIYSF Ltd.
In the unlikely event that you require assistance whilst abroad due to our financial failure, please call our 24/7 helpline on 01702 811397 and advise you are a customer of an ABTOT protected travel company.
You can access The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/634/contents/made
All details here are published in good faith as of January 2020.