Apply for On-Campus
LIYSF ON-CAMPUS APPLICATION FORMS
Are you interested in applying to join LIYSF and represent your country in science? Join us at the 63rd LIYSF: 27th July – 10th August 2022.
Please read the below information carefully before submitting an application. Attending students receive a certificate upon successful completion of the programme.
All students attending LIYSF must meet our minimum requirements:
- Aged between 16 and 21 years old when LIYSF takes place – thus date of birth be between 27/7/2000 and 27/7/2006. If your birthday is later than 27/07/2006, you should apply for the following year
- Students must have a good understanding of written and spoken English
- Students must be studying science and have achieved or be in preparation for taking exam qualifications for university entrance. We ask for a reference for individual applications.
The participation charge is £ 2,395 GBP per student. This covers the total cost of the 15 day programme and includes:
- 14 nights accommodation in South Kensington, central London
- All meals throughout including, breakfast, lunch and dinner
- 10 main lecture demonstrations, with Nobel Prize winner lecture
- 4 day visits to best UK university departments, laboratories and research centres (choice from over 50 visits, with travel included)
- 4 specialist lecture sessions across a wide range of STEM subjects, such as; Artificial Intelligence, Nano-technology, Engineering, Robotics, Biology, Medicine, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Astrophysics (choice from 32 lectures)
- Active social programme with over 10 varied events
- Certificate upon completing the programme (extra certificate if you present a project at our science bazaar)
The participation fee/charge does not cover:
- Flights/travel to/from London to attend the programme
- Optional sightseeing tours and theatre tickets
- Visa (although we do provide invitation letters to help with a general tourist visa application)
- Insurance (we strongly advise students to get their own travel insurance)
Participants are responsible for seeking their own financial assistance to support their attendance at LIYSF. Participants are responsible for checking to see if they need a visa to travel to the UK and must apply for one, if required, in good time. LIYSF can help in your application by providing a support letter, once fees have been paid.
We have appointed national organisers in Australia, Brazil, Canada and China that co-ordinate LIYSF applications in their respective countries. If you are applying from one of these countries, please submit an application as normal and we will refer you. If you have already applied through your national organiser, please do not submit an application form here. Any questions please contact us.
Applications are considered on a first come, first served basis and are open until 11th June.
Each year 500 students aged between 16-21 years old attend LIYSF from over 70 countries worldwide, many attending as self-nominated individual attendees. You can use the application form to apply as an individual, but you must supply an academic referee who can confirm that you meet our requirements. Once you apply, you will enter our application process and will be advised about your application, we will let you know if we need any more information from you. If Your application is accepted you are required to pay a £450 deposit to hold your place.
Please complete the “Individual Application Form” on the top right of this page to apply to attend LIYSF. Submission of this form confirms your application and subject to our acceptance commits you to full payment of the participation fees. Only submit this form if you have the funds ready, if you are not sure or have questions please contact us.
If you are a coordinator or putting together a group of students to attend, please complete the “Group Application Form“. The completion of this form will make you the coordinator for the initial administration matters. Please contact us if your organisation will not be making the payment for your group and students will be paying us directly, this is possible through a group application, but please contact us first.
If you are making a group application, it is not necessary at this stage to know the names of the students; many schools and organisations select their students later.
Many students also attend as winners of international science competitions, as part of a small group from educational bodies, schools and colleges, some with scholarships or funding from charitable Foundations.
For any questions, please contact us.