Frequently Asked Questions
The On-Campus Programme
This covers the total cost of the 15 day programme at Imperial College London and includes:
- 14 nights accommodation in South Kensington, central London
- All meals throughout including, breakfast, lunch and dinner
- 10 main lecture demonstrations
- 4 day visits to best UK university departments, laboratories and research centres (choice from 50 visits, with travel included)
- 4 specialist lecture sessions across a wide range of STEM subjects, such as; Artificial Intelligence, Nano-technology, Engineering, Robotics, Biology, Medicine, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Astrophysics (choice from 32 lectures)
- Active social programme with over 10 varied events
- Certificate upon completing the programme (extra certificate if you present a project at our science bazaar)
The participation fee/charge does not cover:
- Flights/travel to/from London to attend the programme
- Optional sightseeing tours and theatre tickets
- Visa (although we do provide invitation letters to help with a general tourist visa application)
- Insurance (we require students to get their own travel insurance)
- Health testing requirements in relation to COVID-19. We will require all students to obtain tests close to or on arrival at LIYSF and throughout the event, the additional cost of these tests will be at the student’s own expense.
2. You must be passionate about science.
3. All activities are in English and participants should have a good knowledge of the language.
4. Students should have a keen interest in Science with a reference from their school.
Optional extra visits are offered as follows
Day trip to Salisbury and Stonehenge,
Day trip to Oxford of Cambridge
The Tower of London and
Buckingham Palace State Rooms
See the directions to our halls.
An information pack will be provided prior to arrival detailing how participants can get from the airport to the halls of residence using public transport. Alternatively you can arrange a private transfer through us at an extra cost, email us at [email protected] outlining all details of your arrival and departure.
Participants are accommodated in student residences in South Kensington and at one 4* hotel (hotel supplement required), within easy walking distance of all LIYSF locations. The accommodation is typically in the form of student style accommodation or a hotel room. All students will share a bedroom with an LIYSF student(s) of the same gender and many will share single-gender bathrooms, please see below for more information.
As is common for students studying in London, you will be sharing a room with other LIYSF participants of the same gender. Most rooms are twin rooms, but some are allocated in triple, quad and six-person rooms. A single room can be arranged for an additional cost of £595 for the 14 nights, please contact us if you would like this option. If you want a single room in the hotel, both supplements will apply.
There are shared bathrooms for many of our rooms, which are single gender and this is common for most London/UK universities. Some rooms do have their own private bathroom. If you would like an private en-suite bathroom, please consider the hotel supplement as detailed above.
- 10 plenary lecture demonstrations live streamed
- Selection of scientific visit content.
- Live chat – all sessions have a live chat
- Networking element included
- Lounge area
- On-demand content to watch when you want