Frequently Asked Questions
This covers the total cost of the 15 day programme at Imperial College London and includes:
- 14 nights accommodation in South Kensington, central London
- All meals throughout including, breakfast, lunch and dinner
- 12 main lecture demonstrations, with Nobel Prize Winner Lecture
- 4 day visits to best UK university departments, laboratories and research centres (choice from 55 visits, with travel included)
- 4 specialist lecture sessions across a wide range of STEM subjects, such as; Artificial Intelligence, Nano-technology, Engineering, Robotics, Biology, Medicine, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Astrophysics (choice from 32 lectures)
- Active social programme with over 12 varied events
- Certificate upon completing the programme (extra certificate if you present a project at our science bazaar)
The participation fee/charge does not cover:
- Flights/travel to/from London to attend the programme
- Optional sightseeing tours and theatre tickets
- Visa (although we do provide invitation letters to help with a general tourist visa application)
- Insurance (we strongly advise students to get their own travel insurance)
2. You must be passionate about science.
3. All activities are in English and participants should have a good knowledge of the language.
4. Students should have a keen interest in Science with a reference from their school.
Optional extra visits are offered as follows
Day trip to Salisbury and Stonehenge,
Day trip to Oxford of Cambridge
The Tower of London and
Buckingham Palace State Rooms
See the directions to our halls here.
An information pack will be provided prior to arrival detailing how participants can get from the airport to the halls of residence using public transport. Alternatively you can arrange a private transfer through us at an extra cost, email us at email@example.com outlining all details of your arrival and departure.
Accommodation is across several student halls of residence and one hotel. We have students in areas reserved for LIYSF – although there are other guests staying in the halls also. If you are travelling in a group: all participants are given the opportunity to meet new people to ensure new friendships are formed outside their group. All allocations are made by the LIYSF office, with a variety of factors borne in mind, time of submission of application/student details form and age are factors. Students are located within easy walking distance of each other.
If you wish to guarantee your accommodation in the 4* hotel that we use, then you can arrange this with us by paying the hotel supplement of £250 for the 14 nights (£17.86 per night) This secures your place in a 4* hotel room on a twin share basis with a private en-suite bathroom.