Frequently Asked Questions
The On-Campus Programme
This covers the total cost of the 15 day programme at Imperial College London and includes:
- 14 nights accommodation in South Kensington, central London
- All meals throughout including, breakfast, lunch and dinner
- 12 main lecture demonstrations
- 4 day visits to best UK university departments, laboratories and research centres (choice from 55 visits, with travel included)
- 4 specialist lecture sessions across a wide range of STEM subjects, such as; Artificial Intelligence, Nano-technology, Engineering, Robotics, Biology, Medicine, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Astrophysics (choice from 32 lectures)
- Active social programme with over 12 varied events
- Certificate upon completing the programme (extra certificate if you present a project at our science bazaar)
The participation fee/charge does not cover:
- Flights/travel to/from London to attend the programme
- Optional sightseeing tours and theatre tickets
- Visa (although we do provide invitation letters to help with a general tourist visa application)
- Insurance (we strongly advise students to get their own travel insurance)
- Health testing requirements in relation to COVID-19. We will require all students to obtain tests close to or on arrival at LIYSF and throughout the event, the additional cost of these tests will be at the student’s own expense.
2. You must be passionate about science.
3. All activities are in English and participants should have a good knowledge of the language.
4. Students should have a keen interest in Science with a reference from their school.
Optional visits are restricted this year as we are looking to keep our students together as an LIYSF bubble and it is not permitted this year to go to tourist areas in central London.
We will be trying to offer some visits for our students:
Day trip to Stonehenge
Day trip to Oxford of Cambridge
See the directions to our halls.
An information pack will be provided prior to arrival detailing how participants can get from the airport to the halls of residence using public transport. Alternatively you can arrange a private transfer through us at an extra cost, email us at [email protected] outlining all details of your arrival and departure.
- 12 plenary lecture demonstrations live streamed
- 10 specialist lectures from leading researchers
- Selection of scientific visit content.
- Live chat – all sessions have a live chat
- Networking element included
- Lounge area
- On-demand content to watch when you want