Life at LIYSF
Shape your future with one of the finest Science Forums and learning programs. Experience world-class learning through experts, social and cultural interactions, visits and projects and spend the best time learning.
- 15-days residential science event based at Imperial College London for students aged 16-21 years old
- World’s leading scientists give 12 main lecture demonstrations
- 500 students attend from over 70 countries worldwide
- 4 days visits to the best UK university laboratories (London, Oxford, Cambridge and UK), research centres and scientific institutions (choice from a wide range of visits)
- 4 specialist lecture sessions, across subjects such as; Artificial Intelligence, Nano-technology, Engineering, Robotics, Biology, Medicine, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Astrophysics (choice of 16 lectures)
- Active social programme to share and learn about different cultures
- Students gain new knowledge and skills, connections and a broader perspective
- Participation charge of £2,195 GBP includes; 14 nights’ accommodation in South Kensington, all meals, main lectures and specialist lectures, scientific visits across the UK, transport during LIYSF, certificate and social programme.
- 62nd LIYSF: 28th July – 11th August 2021
Things You Need To Know
All About LIYSF 2020
Meet Our Eminent Speakers
World Renowned Scientific Institutions
Specialist Lectures and Study Day
Smaller Focused Specialist Lectureres
Poster Project Event
Social & Cultural Interaction
Meet Our Experts
Don’t miss the opportunity to learn from our praised and valued experts
Professor James Rothman is the Sterling Professor of Cell Biology at Yale University, USA
Baroness Brown is an engineer, with a distinguished career across senior engineering and leadership roles in both industry and academia
Dame Julia King
Professor Rees is a world leading cosmologist and astrophysicist.
Lord Martin Rees
Professor Fiona Watt is the director of the Centre for Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine, King’s College London
We are delighted to welcome Dr Margaret Ebunoluwa Aderin-Pocock MBE to LIYSF. She is a renowned space scientist and science educator
Maggie Aderin Pocock
Professor M. Saiful Islam FRSC is Professor of Materials Chemistry at the University of Bath and recipient of the Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit award
M. Saiful Islam
Dr Diane Ashiru-Oredope is the Pharmacist Lead for Antimicrobial Resistance at Public Health England (PHE). She is lead at PHE for HCAI and Stewardship.
Professor Clare Elwell is the Academic President of LIYSF.
Zbigniew (Andrew) Szydlo is a chemist, academic and teacher. Born in London, he was educated at Latymer Upper School
Professor Valerie Gibson is the Head of the High Energy Physics Research Group at the University of Cambridge.
Professor Pete Vukusic is Professor of BioPhotonics & Associate Dean for Education at the University of Exeter.
Download our Flyer and Brochure
Please use these to promote LIYSF in your country.
Please see our 2021 flyer and 2019 brochure programme here to gain an idea of how LIYSF runs.
The format for our 62nd LIYSF will remain the same with a similar range of lectures and visits and the same social programme and inclusions.
Exploring The United Kingdom
Explore, learn and develop with the best and one of the top admired places in the world. Visit the iconic attractions of London which have witnessed the history and the modern marvels that sing the glory of the future.
Tower of London
Discover more about the 900-year old castle and a fortress in central London
Hit the world’s largest observation wheel and explore the city from a height
Explore the beautiful staterooms and architecture at the royal palace in London